We are searching for a like-minded team player to come on board at a management level to run all aspects of the front-of-house operations of our brewery.
Reporting directly to Ali and Chalky (Business Owners/Directors), you will be working alongside our Head Brewer and Head Chef to ensure that the Wild Hop experience is achieved.
We run a pretty flat hierarchy here… and we all chip in and work together to get the job done. Therefore, you cannot be afraid to get your hands dirty. You will be expected to coordinate daily tavern management operations and deliver superior food and beverage service to maximize customer satisfaction.
You must have an interest in batch brewing and be willing to learn about the wide and revolving range of beers that our brewery team produces. You must also have a strong passion for working with other local producers, and hold genuine enthusiasm for the type of menu that the Wild Hop kitchen offers.
There will be opportunities to work on creating beer focused events - beer launches/festivals; ticketed dinners, for example. However, we are broadly a day-time venue (no weddings!), trading 7 days a week from 10.45am to 6pm. With fixed venue operating hours, this position offers not only a competitive salary package, but also a great work/life balance... No split shifts, and no late nights.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House operations in conjunction with the Brewery
- Coordinate daily venue seating layouts
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Responsible for staff management - including hiring staff and ensuring applicable inductions are completed.
- Write rosters, organise and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations and Australian Food Standard 322
- Manage and maintain venue’s image and brand
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Have a complete understanding of the Daily menu (Food and Drinks )
- Ensure staff are aware of all menu items, which may change daily
- Train staff on up-selling techniques
- Write and maintain the evolving wine list and train staff on new products
Skills and abilities required...
- Proven work experience as a Venue Manager
- Proven experience in managing high volume turnover
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, Microsoft Office software, and Outlook
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- R.S.A Approved Managers certificate & COVID19 Venue Hygiene Officer certificate
- Interest and enthusiasm around brewing; our seasonal “family style” menu; and the overall Wild Hop vision
- A calm demeanour and a sense of humour!
To apply - Please send your CV, with an accompanying cover letter outlying why this appeals to you, through to firstname.lastname@example.org
All communications are confidential.